Ryan was on fire and won the last 7 races of the 10 race series for the Radials!
On the C420 course Graham and Colin, coming straight off their win at the US Youth Champs in California, didn't let any jetlag slow them down. They crossed the line first in 5 of the 10 race series, with many of those bullets by a considerable distance over the second place boat.
Conditions were classic BBR - with southwesterly sea breeze that came on around 11am with 10-12 knots, and built to 15-20 by mid-afternoon. Sunday afternoon saw the strongest breeze of the weekend, while Friday was the lightest, with Races 1 & 2 sailed in under 10 knots - including one abandonment of each race due to dying or large wind shifts before the sea breeze settled in.
The LISOT "Black Dots" were on top in most races, taking 11 of the top 20 spots in the 150+ boat fleet.
LISOT also had the largest team - 22 boats - lead by Head Coach Steve Keen and his world & Olympic coaching team of Dave Hughes, Udi Gal and Skip Whyte.
LISOT 420 Finishes (full results):
1. Graham Landy / Colin Murphy
3. Marlena Fauer / Declan Whitmyer
6. Marcus Edegran / Sam Fitzgerald
10. Alex Jacob / Ben Buhl
11. Lily Katz / Spencer McDonough
13. Holly Tullo / Haley Fox
14. Ian Robinson / Emily Johnson
15. Melany Johnson / Mackenzie Needham
16. Brendan O'Leary / Jack Schneider
18. Megan Grapengeter-Rudnick / Fiona Walsh
19. Elliot Morrill / Caroline Atwood
22. Roger Dorr / Matt Lyons
26. Cally Tullo / Michael Kaplon
29. Ian Storck / Jordon Factor
32. Reinier Eenkema van Dijk / Connor Swikart
37. Jack Gerli / Sarah Graves
41. Claudia Taselaar / Julia Rew
45. Will Florio / Kristina Jakobson
57. Thom Gallagher / John Gallagher
70. Will Greer / Cameron Snyder
90. Abby Rohman / Katie Kelley
120. Haley Ullmann / Bridget Croke
Laser Radials (full results)
While Ryan was out in front, LISOT radial sailors Colin Kennedy, Andrew Puopolo and Sarah Stubbs, all four recently back from the Radial Worlds in Large, Scotland, were not far behind in the 65 boat fleet.
1. Ryan Schmitz
4. Colin Kennedy
5. Andrew Puopolo
9. Sarah Stubbs
It was a nice sight to see 3 LISOT Radial sailors up on the awards podium.